Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shading

Coming in to art class one day, I was surprised with a bike.  The bike stood on a table in the middle of the room with its front wheel slightly turned to the left.  Instantly I thought, I can not do this.  However, after a few practice rounds I was feeling more confident in myself.  My practice drawings ended up looking like this:






After seeing how I improved from the first drawing to the second, I gained a little more confidence with the bike.  We began the final drawing of the bike I got the hang of it.  My mind went from 'I can't do this' to 'I am doing this'.  After sketching out the lines, I filled in the space with different shades of pencil.  Using the 2H, HB, and 6B pencils I was given, I was able to make the bike jump out a little.  The pencils helped darken while my eraser and the sticky grey eraser allowed me to bring light to where it hit.  In the end my final drawing looked like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment