Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pop Print

Andy Warhol was known for his pop prints.  He portrayed the famous Marilyn Monroe with many different color schemes.  I have showed this picture before in my blog post titled Hats, Hats, Hats! However, this picture has more color schemes of Marilyn:


This type of pop art inspired us to make our own.  We picked an item from our pile of blue, and we had to carve it into a linoleum block using linoleum cutters.  My choice was a little blue button.  When I drew it out, I thought it looked simple, yet charming.  I wanted to make it look more  pop-like, so I decided to add some background to it.  This is what it looked like after I inked it and pressed it on the paper:


After I printed a few of my buttons in black, I tried to put color into it by mixing paints together.  I also used a colored paper to make the colors all tie in to one complete piece of artwork.  Instead of just printing it one, I printed it many times in many different ways on the same paper.  Doing this many times gave me a wide selection of pieces that I could make my final piece.  Out of all of the pieces I made this one was my favorite: 


No comments:

Post a Comment